CBWW is seeking volunteers who share a heart for helping Atlanta’s women and families through the following opportunities:
- The Safety Net clinic is open the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays from 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM and the 2nd, 4th Saturday from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM of each month.
- The clinic is entirely staffed by incredible volunteers, including physicians, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, registered nurses, phlebotomists, and support staff.
- All professional healthcare volunteers are covered by State of Georgia sponsored malpractice coverage.
- Our volunteer physicians provide primary health care and chronic disease management.
- Our physicians also serve as attendants, providing direction to other medical providers.
- Once an individual has signed on as a volunteer, they will have time to get familiar with the clinic, including our current system of charting, prescription writing, etc. as well as meeting other volunteers and staff in order to feel a part of this great organization.
- Our minimum commitment for volunteers is one session per month and commit to a minimum of 1 year.
- Volunteer psychiatrists see individuals who are either referred from other providers in the clinic or are self-referred, having learned of the availability of mental health services at the clinic.
- The role of the psychiatrist is the evaluation and treatment of general psychiatric conditions, including but not limited to depression, anxiety disorders, insomnia, and mood disorders.
- Prepares all lab paperwork and collection tools as needed
- Prepares and cleans exam room before each new patient
- Assists with reviewing patient charts for accuracy of documentation
- Assists with organization of patient charts at the end of each clinic day
High School diploma or equivalent; MA certification or licensed practical nurse training required